Organize Your Workplace!
Organizing a union in your workplace is about getting more rights and more power. Thousands of working peopleâ€”all across the country and in all kinds of jobsâ€”organize unions every year because unions are the best way to secure the things you care about. Below are some reasons to say union yes!
Higher Wages with Union Rights
- Union members earn better wages and benefits than workers who arenâ€™t union members. On average, union workersâ€™ wages are 27%Â higher than their nonunion counterparts.
- More than 79%Â of union workers have jobs that provide health insurance benefits, but less than half of nonunion workers do.
- Unions help bring more working people into the middle class. In fact, in states where people donâ€™t have union rights, workersâ€™ incomes are lower.
Better Pensions and Healthcare
- People in a union participating in job-provided health insurance: 79%
- People without a union participating in job-provided health insurance: 49%
- People in a union participating in guaranteed (defined-benefit) pension plans: 76%
- People without a union participating in guaranteed (defined-benefit) pension plans: 16%
The Union Difference
Union members work together to negotiate and enforce a contract with management that guarantees the things you care about like decent raises, affordable health care, job security, and a stable schedule.
- $204 per week than their nonunion counterparts
- More likely to have employer-provided pensions and health insurance
- Safe working conditions that prevent death, illness, and injury.
A voice on the job
- Better workplaces and working conditions without the fear of retaliation.